With the impact of the financial crisis and resulting changes to the regulatory landscape and consumer behaviors, retail businesses have had to adapt rapidly in order to regain trust and remain competitive. Starpus works with our retail clients to help them modify their business models, identify cost efficiencies and identify new growth initiatives and customer-centric strategies.
While the range of services we can offer to regulated service providers is extensive, examples of matters in which we have helped providers include:
- assisting with identifying with what, if any, financial or insurance regulation may apply to a client’s proposed business and with preparation and implementation of resulting business plans and regulatory applications;
- acting on behalf of service providers in relation to alterations to their licence by adding or removing regulated service categories;
- assistance and advocacy at meetings between service providers and regulators, both in relation to client structures and the provider businesses themselves;
- preparing contractual documentation for the sale, purchase or transfer of management control of financial and insurance regulated businesses and liaising with the relevant regulators, including upon the merger of licensed entities;
- advising on anti-money laundering regulation in relation to regulated and designated businesses; and
- undertaking anti-money laundering and other compliance checks on clients originating from CIS countries, in which we specialise, to assist service providers conducting enhanced due diligence and increase the acceptability of clients.